Uniforms can be ordered from S&W Printed Promotions. For information please call Tony or Lori Skiles at 813-508-8068
Adams Middle School: 2011-2012 Uniform Policy
Students must remain in uniform while on campus. The Adams School Uniform consists of the following:
1. Pants/Shorts/Skirts Khaki ONLY
- Tan Khaki pants, shorts, skorts, skirts, or capris
- NO denim is allowed.
- Pants/shorts should not have any wording/graphics down the sides or across the back.
- “Leggings”/stretch pants may not be worn under shorts and skirts.
- All grades: Adams Logo White, Gold or Royal Blue polo shirt with collar
- Adams Logo gold shirts may be worn in any grade level for 2010-11.
- ONLY PLAIN WHITE OR GREY T-SHIRTS MAY BE WORN UNDER UNIFORMS.
Adams logo shirts are available for order and purchase at Adams through S&W Printed Promotions. Please see Ms. Skiles in Guidance for ordering information. Adams Logo shirts are preferred; however, solid white, gold (no yellow please), or royal blue shirts (no other shades of blue please) are available at some local stores including Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, etc.
- In cold weather, long-sleeved jackets, sweaters and hoodies are acceptable.
- Wearing of sleeveless or short sleeved outerwear (such as vests) and long-sleeved tee shirts over uniforms is not acceptable.
- Armbands (this includes athletic wristbands, studded/spiked armbands, etc.) are not permitted.
- Spiked/studded jewelry (such as spiked choker necklaces) shall not be worn.
In addition to the Uniform Policy, Hillsborough County Dress and Grooming Policy (as printed in Student Handbook) will be strictly enforced. Please note the following:
- All pants and shorts must be secured at the waist. (“Housing”, baggy, or low riding pants are not acceptable.)
- Hemlines shall be no shorter than fingertip length.
- Head coverings (hats, bandanas, headbands/sweatbands etc.) shall not be worn in the building/campus.
- Clothing exposing the torso or midriff, either front, back or sides shall not be worn. Underwear shall not be visible. Clothing shall not expose the mid-chest area.
- Wallet chains shall not be worn.
- Shoes shall be worn. Skate shoes and bedroom slippers are unacceptable.
Consequences for non-compliance with Uniform Policy:
1st Offense: Warning. Parent notified via letter sent home with student and Parent Link message.
2nd Offense: Warning. Parent notified via letter sent home with student and Parent Link message.
3rd Offense: Assigned one day of ISS. Parent notified via ISS letter sent home with student and Parent Link message.
4th and Subsequent offenses: Assigned one day of ATOSS for willful disobedience. Parent notified via phone by administrator.
Please note that for all offenses students will not remain on campus out of uniform.
Students will be asked to change into appropriate loaner uniform clothing for the school day.
Fridays are “School Spirit Days”. On Fridays only, students may wear other school shirts instead of the uniform shirt. Acceptable school shirts include: Team T-Shirts, Band, Orchestra, Chorus, Clubs, SAC, and Warrior Pride. If a student is participating in an extramural sport, he/she may wear his/her extramural t-shirt on Friday during that particular season.